Friday 1 August 2014

MAISHA



Ola!!!!!!!

Happy new month!! :)

I was told am so predictable on how I start my posts but well can you blame a girl who is entrepreneurial, has a full time job, trying to have a social life and the works nooo?... Yea? Right! moving on :) :) Happy New Month!!!!



Anyway, exactly a month ago was my birthday  and I think this it the best yet, with two surprise birthdays lots of gifts which (fyi) am still accepting till the end of the year :D. I also, managed to volunteer with a few of my friends which was pretty awesome. Here are a few pictures I managed to get.
Inline image 1

Enough about me :) lets talk about Maisha. Maisha is a 7 month course which is offered every year at the Intercontinental hotel monthly for young professionals.It's organized by the Strathmore Business School (special programs)..  A couple of weeks ago, I was invited for one of the classes and my oh my wasn't it awesome.



What I picked from the class was that sometimes as a young person its great to seat together and talk about real issues that are facing us then have an older moderator( who is not your parent) come and tell you the truth from experience.

This particular class was about "We're Living Together" which basically was about come we stay. It was quite interesting hearing the diverse views from my peers during the round table discussion before going for the moderated session with an amazing Counselor who has five kids and looks like she's 21 (best believe it) . She was very honest regarding issues about marriage and well we all felt like our toes were  being stepped on at some point.:)

Anybody interested in applying for this class please don't hesitate to let me know.


Have an amazing month ahead.. Baraka!!

Miss Wainaina :)
xo



No comments:

Post a Comment