Monday 31 March 2014

Where do your priorities lie?


Hey Peeps :)

So lately I have had a lot of alone time (which is very important) and  I realized how much time and effort and resources that I spent on me, it was always about my time, my money, my shopping me getting married (yea imagine) literally just me,me,me,me. That I got so lost in myself I even forgot what the most important things in life are.



So after taking a few weekends off work and off the social scenes apart from church ( not that I am that outgoing ). Anyway, it just occurred to me how I was looking for all the wrong things in all the wrong places i.e alcohol, messed up relationships, wrong friends mention it I was doing exactly what I shouldn't have been doing.

The most affected people were my family whom I wasn't  so keen on what was going in their lives only to realize how present yet absent I have been. This led me to come up with a schedule on how I will make my presence felt in the smallest of ways I decided every month I will get one of my family members a gift/ buy lunch/ just do something do appreciate them and also make time for them.

The very first person who is going to benefit from my realization is my dearest father whom I love so much. My dad and mum split when I was about five years old but he has always had a very very special place in  my heart and in my life. I got him an NIV men's bible as a gift.


The other realization I had was how I wasn't connected with God as much as I was when I was younger. Reading the bible was a challenge and I would only read it on Sunday when I was in church after that it was until the next time I would be going back to church. Praying was literally like snoozing the alarm clock in the morning where I would get to bed and then say amen when I wake up the next day.Fasting wee wee wee lets not even go there this is the biggest challenge whoa!!!! sema kujipatia excuses like "If I don't eat I will faint" or "I cant fast in the office when everybody else is having chicken or chaps" hahaha!! yea believe that but anyway am taking baby steps and I know I am on the right track because right now am just after God's heart because that is the most important thing right now.

Lastly is about work. Have you ever had one of those days when a client or your boss speaks to you and you think  to yourself " wait, who was that woman/man speaking to like that?" because of how they have just pushed it and treated you like trash. Well I realized I shouldnt take these things too personally and not everything is a matter of life and death.Putting your best foot forward for  your maker and not for someone is the best thing you can do to yourself.


So, where do your priorities lie? Share your thoughts.


Thanks for dropping by,

Miss Wainaina,
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment